June 29, 2006

Soccer World Cup QF

And so we are at the business end of the world cup.....

Who is gonna win......

Germany Vs Argentina
This is probably going to be the biggest match of the world cup so far..
My 2 fav teams of all time,with Argentina being one of 3 fav in this world cup,
and they lock horns to decide the Semifinalist amongst them...

Too bad..

But Germany has shown remarkable improvement going to each match, a sea change from the pre tournament 'NO hope' tag..

I want Argentina to go thro, but I have a sinking feeling that Germany might make it thro'.


Eng Vs Portugal
The other 2 that complete the 3 fav teams for me for this world cup.
Another heartbreaker, cause only one of them will go thro..
I cannot bear one of them losing..but I guess I will let Portugal go thro..:-D

Brazil Vs France
France is not in the best of form...SO its a no brainer...Brazil all the way....
It would take a brave(or maybe foolish) man to bet against a Brazil win..

Italy Vs Ukraine
Ah...the easiest of the lot..Italy is gonna sleep walk and win and this game comfortably...



So the Semis is gonna be
Germany (My heart wants Argentina though........)
Portugal
Brazil
Italy..


Anybody up for bets......:-D

Lets have a small game..whoever gets the winner right, will have 2 points for each correct prediction
and 1 negative point for each wrong prediction..

and if you can predict the score line as well..your points will get doubled accordingly..

and the winner gets.............your own all expense paid trip to boston..and then a free ride around the town with my
GPS installed car and a reality show watch of the middle finger strutting bostonians...;-)

10 comments:

Syam said...

I agree with the final 3, but still contemplating with the first one, still my intuition says its gonna be Argentina.... :-)

Archana said...

Thank you for the crisp summary of the teams in the QF :-)! I am not following it keenly - so I agree with all your predictions!

raj said...

Germany vs Argentina - Germany wins on penalties after 2-2(120 Min.'s)
England vs Portugal - Portugal wins 2-1
Italy vs Ukraine - Italy wins 2-0
Brazil vs France - France wins 2-1

raj said...

my!my! How did I get that wrong - what I meant ws this:
Germany vs Argentina - Germany wins on penalties after 2-2(120 Min.'s)
England vs Portugal - England wins 2-1
Italy vs Ukraine - Italy wins 2-0
Brazil vs France - France wins 2-1

Ginkgo said...

okee...so its 3 ppl that are into the betting...:-)

Good going...
Syam and arch how about the score lines..:-)

Syam said...

hee hee now I give the scores for First QF
Germany 5 - Argentina 3

I will give two more results tomorrow :-)

dee iyer said...

germany vs france in the finals my dear...

england LOST to portugal.

and im a happy bunny

D LordLabak said...

In this football-fever, nobody wrote about Indian cricket team's series win. You too Ginks!?

vi said...

seems like its not Brazil all the way! No brainer did I hear??


vi

Thanu said...

whr did ur ipod post go