July 10, 2006

The Illiterate

Went to this mall today in Burlington that had an 'Apple Store' ......

Was looking at their collection of IPods and the line ups of MacBooks and Power Mac G5's.....

Have to pat myself for resisting the temptation for not buying the Video Ipods...what with my dad and GF having already made
their demands known....poor me...looks like that elusive 'my own' Ipod will remain a distant dream...

What was impressive was The iMac's getting streamlined into the regular Market by having them fitted with Intel's Core duo Processors..

I got carried away and asked him if they are gonna do likewise and have the Turion Processors...fitted in...

Yup...Yup thatz wher the title comes in....:-D

He gave me a look that I felt if I asked him..."Is Bill Gates the CEO of Apple"...yikes...


They had the LogicXpress preinstalled as well...wow...was I impressed with that..
to compose ur own jingles..Guess I'll fall for this temptation pretty soon.........
waah...think of it..Im gonna have my own remixes....:-D

All that reminded of my first attempt to get familiar with the Macs' in Grad School..

That was a time when I was desperate to get an assistanship...and when this particular job came up that needed experience in
administering a lab that had only Imacs and no PC's...with the dual boost for me in the sense that...the job was for the Women' welfare
club...(He he....) and that it also had a tuition waiver combined with a high $1200 pay check........I was doubly keen
to extend my knowledge of Apples to macs and Cubes...


Gosh....Still remember that first exp to this day...not that I've gotten any better....from caressing the mouse to see where I should press it..

It reminded me of the Egg curry that my roomie used to cook...with seemingly no dents on any side...and I dint know how to get the damn thing to do
something...

and for getting worried that the processor hung up on me...when I realised that the desktop was totally blank and there was no startup button
anywhere...either on the screen or on the keyboard...

hmmm.....those days...:-D............

3 comments:

vi said...

LOL! @ at express :))
Gi...I wouldn't mind a video ipod...just letting you know :P

vi

BZ said...

LOL! :--)
Go get an iPod for yourself, you deserve it ;--P

Ginkgo said...

Vi,

ah...really...:-)
Sure sure..make a list..:-)

SK,

really...I was hoping it would be more like..

'Here's the money..Go get an ipod for yourself, you deserve it..'

:P