June 09, 2006

Never lost Navgiation...yaa Rite....!!

Oh boy somebody got tired of the geese and the yada yada...and the same old post.:-)

so here goes...

Boston...one place Ive wanted to work ever since I started thinking of getting into the job market..
and so I finally drove into boston, towards the end of may...cursing the zillion toll booths on the way...

Can you believe it...a 16 hr drive from Chicago to Boston, and my co passenger on the drive swore that she will never ever cross thro Ohio or Virginia or NY by car...

lolz her very first long trip and so goes the feelings...

well I wud probably agree with her...esp with Ohio..

All they have is crap for roads...and they charge $4 for every toll crossings....

but then letz not go there..yet

I'll have to start with my title for that..

Yup..wat exactly is GPS...with that captive ad....Never LOST...

oh boy wat a misnomer..

what with you do with a GPS whose most preferred dialogue to me is

LOST SATELLITE COMMUNICATION

u r zipping at 80+ miles at the freeway and about to take an exit..when it goes..Lost satellite navigation..

or sample this..I miss an exit and then it recalculates..

Left drive another 2 miles, turn left....stay on the left...and then when u turn that final left.turn...

Recalculating..
and then u go follow the new route...by which time it gets tired of turning left and now wants u to turn right...

and then..when u finally think u r back on track...comes the ace that its been hiding its sleeve...
LOST SATELLITE COMMUNICATION..
well well, Ive to say, Ive been having fun with the GPS,,,,pissing off already agressive boston drivers..

maaan, never ever have I seen, ppl so fond of their middle fingers, that they show it proudly to the person in the next car...
u stand for an extra split second at the green light, and out comes the honking from the car behind u...
and with my propensity...to drive my car slowly wantedly, when somebody does that...Ive had my more than fair share of middle fingers...to the extent that Im now thinking of patenting a device that is prosthetic version of the the right
arm and the middle finger specifically that ppl can affix to their steering wheel..in such a way that the other car drivers can see...

yikes...more to follow on the GPS atrocities that drove me nuts and the other boston escapades..

:-)


PS..oh madsies..am I right about Boston;)

6 comments:

Archana said...

Idhu GPS fault or driver fault ;-P? Somehow I think it is the latter! How come you have moved to Boston? New job?

Shilpa said...

LOL @ Archana and Madsies's comments.

Yeah I too feel u cannot blame the GPS completely. It must be sooo annoying when it acts berserk...esp with a girl next to u ;-)

Ginkgo said...

grrrrrrrrrrr
to 'open' the eyes of all three of u...
this sunday......ITS MY PLEASURE TO TAKE MADSIES ALL AROUND BOSTON with my GPS as the SOLE navigator...:-D

and then letz see the response..:P

rads said...

I feel so sorry for Madsies :-) Imagine a sunday afternoon with a lost Gingko on those crazy Boston roads...

Gingko - GPS is my lifesaver. Muchh!

Ginkgo said...

hmm....yeh yeh....she has to endure for calling me the problem rather than the GPS..:-D

vi said...

awwaa...gi!!! poor you...lol
as far as i am concerned all of us is like that!
Canada Rocks!!!

vi