November 17, 2005

Aloo parantha..:-)

was goin to a desi rest with a couple of colleagues @ work

they had the We're open sign..out
but it was so drab and without the customarylights and my colleague immediately quipped


Sorry. We're open... :-)

and that set me thinking..ya ya I knw..thts a forbidden word..but looks like im dusting it and using tht stuff today a lot.;-)

Are there other signboards tht u wud like changed..in a funnier way..:-)

found this one on car..a bumper sticker..
Hop in, Buckle up, hang on and Pray..:-)
**********
Remember seeing this quite a few times..ofcourse made famous by that Bruce willis movie..

Found on a 18 wheeler..

If u can read this fine print,..u r probably too close..:-)
**********

A couple of other memorable convos..

this actually happens all the time with the help desk @ my work place...

"Hello..This is the Helpdesk. Can we start with your First and last name please"

I spell my first and last name..

"Okay. wutz ur fone no sir. Can we have ur cubicle physical location too please"

I give both. This is where I go crazy always...


" So. thts great. Now who am I talking with Sir.."

Me : "eh....*(&^*#N#@!

rofl..these ppl never learn... This happens each and every time..
**********

Next...this was the time when we were drunk and just called 911....for fun' sake...
A few yrs back when I was in skool

the call goes thro...
therz some automated stuff that tells u to press this for emergency something else for non and..so forth..
Finally after a min or so someone comes over the line..
" Hello 911. emergency response.."
I start to mumble something..

"Sir. please hold on..."
and I hear her munchin somethin hurriedly..
Rofl..that really had me in splits..
wat if some one says...
" im dying..please help me"

and she gives that line to him..
" Hold on.Sir...Im getting another call..:-))

**********

This is another good one...
guess it was the time of exams..while in grad school..
we were doing a combined study...5 of us..

1 went home to have dinner..
another stayed put at the apt..
and the other 3 of us went for a walk..

saw the campus help line...phone booths at a corner..and thought we will play a trick on the guy sittin at home..

the apt belonged to the 2 guys tht I took a walk with..and so I called up
and sounded like a Police officer..

me: " Sir. We are calling frm the campus police.
Can We speak to the man of the house.

my friend: Yes..

me: Oh you are..Good. Sir we are looking to rent a car for police neighbour hood watch activies.
we would pay you a good amount around$20 a hr if you could spare yours. We are facing a shortage and need help
urgently..

Friend: Oh. everyone has gone out. I dont stay here. I will let you knwo once they get back or please call in like 20 mins.

Me: (sounding pissed of): " Who are you then. what are you doing there. DOnt you belong here.
Stay right there, I am going to send a squad right over to investigate.."

the other 2 behind me were squealing big time..
I cudnt handle it either and had to cut the call.

So we walked back home..and this guy acted as if nothing happened..

SO we started poking him..

" Did anyone call. was there a call for any of us?"

friend: No..

"Are u sure"

friend: Oh yeah..koi call aaya tha.


poocha tha ki gaadi chahiye. guess from the cops.

I think I will go home now..Will come back latr..after dinner..

rofl..he was running away scared cause I said, we r gonna send a squad to inquire... :-))

had to calm him down and...rofl was soo much fun..:-)


Disclaimer:
okee...this is a bit late..:-)
has nothing to do with the title

7 comments:

vi said...

gi with friend like you who nneds enemies!

vi

Shilpa said...

Hey Ginkgo,

Thats a very funny post...! LOL !

BTW did you ever tell your friend about the prank that you played on him ?

aria said...

Umm I love aloo parathas ..
I thought I'm gonna write something abt parathas going with the title ..
Glad I read - entire blog(I'm, sleepy.. sigh!) - so prank in title too ..
Hmm .. anyways .. apart frm tht 911 stuff .. I guess as long as pranks don't cause serious injury .. it shud be fun .. thnkfully I hv never had such frnds or it would hv killed me surely :)

Ginkgo said...

oh come on...Vi and ffbw...

they r jus fun pranks...nothing offensive abt them...are they?

so u got tempted by the title eh...:-)

shilpa, normally I dont waste much time in rubbing it in ..:-D
I did tell him immediately after that...
Now, now...dont u ever try it on someone else in school..itz copyright stuff u knw :-P
u'll have to pay me to use it..

Archana said...

That was a good prank :-)! And the post had a really appropriate title - hahaha!

Shilpa said...

Hey Ginkgo,

I din't even think of playing the prank on someone else till u mentioned... :-P

Well I will modify it and say that I got inspired by ur idea....that way I don't have to pay u hehehhe

Priya Sivan said...

The title is a trick to make us read the post or u were damn hungry and typed out the name what u were eating then :)))) Good one though!