September 12, 2005

Is Blogspot better than sulekha..

I am new to blog spot, but not to blogs..But like any change, it feels kinda exciting and lonely as well..in equal doses.
Exciting as all new things are. Lonely because you are stepping into a new place and not sure if you would be welcome here and get the same treatment as in the other place.
Good or bad, abuse or praise, Im sure most ppl would prefer a known place mainly because they know what they are getting.
If you would want a loose analogy, its like the difference between staying in an Apartment complex and in an independent house.
Needless to say, Sulekha was like an apartment complex, Where you can see so many other bloggers at the sametime.It makes things easier for one. A comfy kinda blog atmosphere.
Blogspot, on the other hand is more like independent house. You can post your stuff without anyproblems about the admins trying to do a Jayalalitha' on u :-)
and better still, you can delete comments if you dont find them complimentary :D
But the good thing is, ppl have to make an effort to see your blog. They have to really know your blog address or go thro a series of links clicked from other websites.
The down side that I can think of, is you dont always remember all the ppl' blogsites and there is little chanceof knowing new ppl unless you do the searching yourself.
Something, thankfully you dint have to do in Sulekha.
It would be good to have the best of both worlds. But from what I've seen, I've liked Blogspot so far.
Hopefully Sulekha will be up pretty soon. and we can have the best of both worlds.

7 comments:

aria said...

Gi
It was easier to interact on

aria said...

LOL .. I mean it was easier to interact on Sulekha .. you could comment anywhere .. n then you could make a conversation .. you didnot need a separate .. url .. so ppl could access your blog easily on Sulekha.
Sometimes we got flooded with comments . .many advantages there ..
But then it takes a while to get used to a new place .. for the time being - something is better than nothing!
since it crashed I hvnt written anything properly .. but I plan to write something .. in a couple days ;) n be dedicated here ..
You have more creative freedom here .. your own page with all your blogs visible .. you can delete idiotic comments here..
Someone actually posted a comment on my blog n deleted it . .since then I was wondering . .who was it .. but I deleted it altogether ..
I really wished I could delete some abusive comments .. which wasnt possible on Sulekha ..
But I would say .. I'm certainly not missing 2-3 ppl from Sulekha here .. hehe
Though I ll be happy to post my blogs on Sulekha .. once they start working .. but will ceratinly save them here too
Sorry for tht half comment earlier . .I clicked it by mistake .. now please be nice n delete it :)
(it wasn't intentional!)
ffbw

Ginkgo said...

True...
U get more freedom here..
But who wants freedom...eh :)

U want to be 'bugged' by ppl...dont ya...;)

aria said...

Hehe .. tell ya .. I was bugged so much by some .. tht in a way I'm happily "at peace" here ..
Btw .. you always wanted to create some "controversy" n then backed out whenever I tried to create something "controversial" for you ;)
yess .. Im missing some flirting .. esp .. when gopee "tried" to flirt with vi .. LOL
Anyways atleast I'm trying to visit the blogs you have listed here everyday - n comment on them.. though there are 2-3 names .. tht I don't remember from Sulekha!
ffbw

Ginkgo said...

It has to be my own doing...:-)

cant accept others doing it for me..:P

ah ms.flirty...wacha upto..

aria said...

Ohhh .. tht was more like undoing :P
upto nothing .. thinking I should sleep or not ..n refreshing your comments page ..heh
Whats you doing?? Staring at the monitor? ;)
And where are others :(
I was actually thinking abt some bloggers .. who solely depended on "inspiration" from us - for their blogs.. wonder how they are surviving in these times ;)

Ginkgo said...

lolz thts a good one...my undoing eh...:)

me jus bloggin ..r rather trying to..

wonder why I always blog more than one at a time or not at all...:)