September 14, 2005

Sep 15-Itz one year now

Boy, the euphoria and the relief, same time last year, can never be matched for some time.

Sep 15..and thts when I started work.

I was really getting worried., very very unsure of what future had in store until the week that preceded 'Sep 15. I had been searching for a job for like 3 months and Sep 15 is one day., that I will always look upon as one of the most cheerful days of my life.I did get the news the friday before, but then Sep 15 was when I started work.

Going back, I get reminded of the fun and twist before I selected Sep 15 '04 as my first day.

I normally dont bother abt good days or bad days..unless ofcourse somebody brings it up and it plays upin my mind.

So being my first job, I was a bit apprehensive as to when to join.They had asked me to join on a Tuesday. and from the limited knowledge I had, itz better to avoid starting something on a tue.

I still remember the day, when I got my first bicycle, a BSA SLR. guess I got it on a monday evening.and my dad wanted me to take a ride then and there.
But then, I'm nothing if I dont have a different view point from others...mildly put, that is..:-)

Somehow my mind decided that I did not want to take it out immediately and said" No ma. maybe tomorrow morning. Itz pretty late already".

My mom though would have none of it. "Inniku illane buthan kezhamai thaan."translated as "It's either now or wednesday. Dont you dare touch it tomorrow.."
The threat had then worked. I did take it out immediately. :-)

Same was the case with my job. The company wanted me to join on Sep 14 Tue.So I immediately said, " No no...Lets have sep 15 as my first day"

As it so often happens with me, I called up home and asked them if the date was okay.My mom checked the dates, and said, oh oh Tue, Sep 14 is the best day you can get this month.You should not join on the 15th in any case..:-)
And I was...totally dumbfounded.

Trust my dad to come up with an escape route.

"All active days are good days. The bad days are the days when you are lazy and do nothing. All these panchangams are for old ppl, you dont worry about em'. Sep 15 is the best day you can get. Take my word. You will do good"

and so I set forth. It's been one year. and touch wood, I've been able to keep my head above the water..:-)

Sep 15 is indeed a good day.

Has to be, aint it so, FFBW... :-)

6 comments:

Ginkgo said...

Need an email Id to invite you bud.

Do u have one that I can send the invite to?

aria said...

Aww .. Gi .. thats so sweet :)
Yes indeed .. 15th Sept is the best day.
It reminded me of a story that my dad says about my birth - I was born in the mid-night around 11:50pm and my dad was hoping that something should delay my birth till 16th n I should be born past 12am ..coz the astrological time wasn't tht good .. but I had to be born on 15th :) n I made it just in time .. heh! Whatever he says - abt graha or nakshatra .. I'm happy with 15th as my Birthday ..

One of the sweetest thing I ever read .. you made my day .. I slept for a while n my comp was still on .. hence checked it again ..
Thank you so much ..
Its dawn outside ..
You have a great 15th September too
Great to know you started your job on this very day .. congrats for completing another successful year!
And wishing you many more memorable days/times/years..
Love
ffbw

jeenu said...

Hi Gi
well so u have been working for an year..well congrats :)
cheers
jeenu

Ginkgo said...

thnks FFbw and Jeenu...:-)

jeenu said...

the occasion demands a treat i guess ;) wat do u say Gi
cheers
jeenu

Ginkgo said...

sure..Y not :-)

wacha want!...one tin of rosagolla:P