December 29, 2005

Lunch time

Ever been in a sitn where ppl mis understood wat u said..

It happens with me always..though it most cases, it is intentional..

and even in those cases, when I dint mean it...ppl dont believe so..cause I always smile at the end of it..and they think that Im pulling their leg..

But then, who am I to complain, if it works, eh ;-)

So this was sometime last week, when a few of us @ work decided to go to Cheese Cake factory.Enter the waitress,

" I am so and so..(blah blah) I'll be your ...wat can I get for you all"

Everyone else ordered some drink or the other, while I decided to settle with water...and to the waitress, I said " Water should do for me...."

And here comes the fun..

Immediately her face turned totally red...and there was a momentary silence..
and I looked at the other guys they were like...as if I did a KPS.gill
on her..

"Excuse ME"..said the shell shocked waitress..

I realised something was amiss and repeated my order a bit slowly and a bit differently..

"I said, I am fine with water."

waitress: "oh..........." with palpable relief on her face..and others..
" I thought you said.. "what else can you do for me".....

and the others joined in.."Thats exactly what I thought too"...:-)

and the Afrikan American guy with us, was like.." boy, and I thought what the &*^%& you were saying. Shez gonna spit on our food tonite..."

Lolz, looks like what they show in Sitcoms like Seinfeld, friends, and a some other movies where you mess with the waiter(ess), they spit on ur food, does bother ppl...:-))

and so we ordered whatever we wanted..and I had to change my dish after I had ordered...Thats when the mini me' inside me, cudnt resist..

"You know what else you can do for me..."

waitress:...(with a broader smile this time).."yaaaa...."

" Well..I'll just go for this the chicken taco instead of the eggplant burger.."

This time she did...do that for me :-D

That reminds me ppl....Next time u hit the Cheese cake factory...try the Eggplant Burger... ;-)

and before u do that, try asking the waiter or the waitress(as the case maybe)
...in a bit faster tone...." water should do for me.."

And yeh, if you know my mom, please do tell her I'm a strict vegetarian.. most of the times :-D

9 comments:

Thanu said...

Strict Veg with Chicken Taco?

I love the desserts at Cheesecake Factory

Ginkgo said...

Take a look again,
that helps now...doesnt it:-)

educatedunemployed said...

Haaaaaaaaaaa! I've been to cheese cake factory..in Chicago at John Hancock's basement.It was AWESOME.And after that entire huge pasta dish, I still had a whole cheese cake and I totally detested sharing it.

educatedunemployed said...

A huge slice I meant..

A Motley Tunic said...

Aah.. Cheese Cake Factory and mouth watering desserts!!
I had a friend who would order like this. He would look at the waitress and say "I'll have yourrrr..." a big pause..all of us would wonder what is he going to have off of the waitress and then he would say "blah blah blah pasta"!! I am sure he always got 'spit on' food.

Bhole said...

Reminded me of the dialogue: tu kabhi nahi sudhrega ;)

Cheese cake factory...the desserts are awesome :)

Archana said...

Hmm, going by all your previous posts on this blog, somehow I think that what everybody heard was what you actually said ;-P!

Should try cheesecake factory sometime - never been there!

Ginkgo said...

Sowmya,
One thing that struck me when I went it was the bunch of telephone directories they had...I was wondering why they would have it..

and then I was answered, when the waitress brought 4 of it to our table...
voila...it was the menu card..:-D


EE,

Now are u in mumbai or Chicago or in London....:-)


Bhole,
arre me such a seedha saadha bhole bhaala 'lodka'.....how cud u be like this to me....:-P

Arch,
cmon...how decently have I been asking ya..all these days...tell me..
how cud u say that to me..that too right before 2006...:-)

educatedunemployed said...

LOL..in London currently, was in Chicago last year on holiday.Born brought up Bombayite.(can't care to be politically correct all the time)...:)