December 10, 2004

Excuse me please.. part 2- last.

sorry about the delay ppl
Dint' intend it that way..
back to where we were,

Vandana, thats what her name was, did a nice job of completing, with the jigina stuff and all :)
)

But by then I cud see myself getting outgunned and out thought by the experienced guys in the ' business'

She was in her second year in college and I was a freshman, if u go by the local (I meant the US of A:D) lingo.

All these buggers had decided on a movie one evening..guess it was 1942 A ...

(Okee ppl now dont back track and guess my age..)

And cunningly enough I was kept in the dark.

4 of the other guys after the end of class that day, was how they had planned. Dunno how they expected to not let me know
or kick me out of it.
When the class finished and I was abt to take leave, she was asking me how long it would take me to be there,

and I had no idea of what she was talking abt, and these guys were collecting money frm each other so that one of them could
go in advance and buy the tickets and seeing that they dint get it from me, she got suspicious.

I was shocked when I found out and they were wriggling uncomfy.

Like an idiot, I decided to be on their side and said, "no I cant make it. I have some other work to do."

"I dont wanna go either "said she. I could see the other guys turning red and thinking of plans to break my head
..then I said, " I am out of my pocket money for the month. Some other time maybe. Go ahead and have fun"

Man how stupid of me.

" Dont worry about that. All you have to do is give us company. Now be a nice boy and dont create a scene. I dont want to get a $#@%^& seat." said she.

poor guys. Not only had they to invite me but pay for my ticket as well along with hers.

So off we went and I didnt even look these guys up in the eye. After all they were my seniors in college and I did not want to get ragged.

Rofl. I can never forget this movie.

I dint want to sit next to her, cause I knew these guys will beat the shit out of me at college the next day.

So I waited for all of them to get seated, there were 5 guys and her in all.

It so happened she sat second from one of the corners and there was this 3rd seat vacant.
None of them probably had the guts to sit right next to her.
" what are you looking for. come and sit here. All the girls in the theatre are with someone or the other. Better sit here before I change my mind" said she.

Cursing but happy, I went and sat there, all the time avoiding to look at the others.

The movie was the beginning of the end of my time with her :(

The movie was really engrossing and it was that Kuch na kaho song going on.

Guess thats the song where manisha is on the balcony and this guy 'Karadi kutti'(hairy bear man) Anil kapoor
climbs on some rope or watever and lands on that balcony.

I got really wide eyed with that particular scene esp seeing manisha's voluptous Breast' and inadvertently held her hand and squeezed it.
She was shocked for a sec. and then said" I cant see much from here. the guy before is blocking me" and shifted places with the guy on the other side.

I dint know what to say or how to respond. The interval came up and she seemed normal enough. Dint even pick on what I did.

I dont remember anything more in that movie. All that I was thiking after that was what to say to my parents for getting home so late.

It was a different story that the suburban train system in chennai went kaput that day cause of some power breakdown and there was a 5 hr delay cause of which I reached home after midnight.

But getting back to the story, she started talking more to the other guys. Atleast thats how it seemed to me.

I decided to be cool too and did not talk much.

Then came the big day.

I was on the way to NIIT around 4 when I saw my mom at the entrance.

She was there too waiting for me, thankfully they weren't doing any mini talk.

My mom's work place is pretty close from there and the moment she saw me, she gave me a big hug.

I was like..what happened.

" Congrats. You got you engineering admission seat. You dont have to continue ur BSc anymore. You have just a couple of days to leave"

It was in Chidambaram which meant I wont be able to stay in madras.

I looked at my mom then her and dint know what to say. I was happy in a way but again there was this thing with her.

I introduced her to my mom and she said " Congrats man. Excuse me please. I gotta go do something"

and left that place. I saw her go join the rest of the gang.

and that was it....

My mom left and then I broke the news to the rest of the crowd. There was a big cheer. Everyone gave me a hug including those 4 guys. They were really relieved that I am not going to be a pain.

I was relieved too, that I am gonna escape their ragging.

Gosh man this ragging never leaves me alone. Got a huge whiff of it in my first year an Engg school.

My eyes were searching for her. and she dint know what to say. She looked at me and I didnt know what to make out of her expression.

She said nothing though, when I walked up to her. All she did was give me a hug and said "be good".

"Be nice to people. Dont oggle at the girls there."

and she went off.

I had other things take care of. Slowly the excitement of getting an engg seat was getting into me and NIIT and my BSC were a distant dream.

and she was another distant star..but till this moment still shining brightly..

Hopefully I will run into her again..someday

No comments: