February 14, 2006

My dear val day...

PS: Title inspired from: My dear marthandan..

The flowers were lined up at the office entrance.
Ours being a big one, every building had an alphabet attached to it., and
near my entrance, marked P..there were a bunch of flower baskets..with somebodys name on it.

First glance, I just brushed past it..after all I dint think I wud have impressed anyone within the first 2 weeks of my joining here..

But then seeing the oohs and aahs..I was tempted to go look.

And there...was one with my name on it..

I cudnt believe it..was like wow...and in spiderman style..some lucky girl fell into my trap..:-D(oh come on, I shd be given to hyperboles once in a while..aint it )

I took it to my desk..and everyone on the way were givin me jealous glances and I was feeling kinda dizzy..( I mean, on top of the world)....;-)

I just cudnt work for the next 2o mins or so..cause I was busy figuring out who sent it..

I was trying to recollect all the girls that Ive been trying to patofy for the past 2 weeks..,and I thought I had zeroed in on the name...,WHEN..

a heavy hand landed thud on my shoulders..
"Giiiii...day dreaming kya...what are you doing looking clutching at the box of wipes..
Is that what you got for Valentines' day"........

It was my team lead checking on me if I had started work for the day...

And then I woke up...:-D

waah...Jeenu, Priya and Vi and the rest....and u all thought only u can write stories eh... :P

Saranya K..now that shud satisfy your asking for a 'not so serious' post , aint it :)

11 comments:

Shilpa said...

LOL ...

Good "Story" Gingko...

Thanu said...

Happy Val's Day...Have fun dreaming more...

Archana said...

:-D! Nice, inspiring V-day story ;-)!

vi said...

:)) that was one heck of a story*!
Jeenu, Priya, Flower...I think we have competition!

vi
* sounds more like reality to me ;)

Ginkgo said...

ah madsies..
thnk u..I thought I had forgotten to say tht word to anyone:-)

shilpa..
I knw...itz obvious aint it :P

Thanu...
I dream only@ work..cant waste my sleep time @ nite for that..u knw:)

arch...
yeh nice inspiring story..it sure is:-)
The other day, I even had a
'arch' ed back..after trying some belly dancing..and u dint even comment on tht:P

Vi,
:D yup yup....big time competition..
But then I need to be 'properly' inspired to write 'such' stories' ;)
rofl @ reality...But I seriously did check a couple of those flower baskets..and then realised that there was an eager crowd behind me tht was actually waiting for those..and so walked away...

BZ said...

Ginks!!
Aha!
For a minute I thought I was reading a fairytale! :)

educatedunemployed said...

Yeah me..too thought I was living a fairytale..Good one..

Priya Sivan said...

Gi..so we've got a competitor now? huh? :)))

Ginkgo said...

Saranya And EE..

fairy tale:-)
now..arent they supposed to have goody goody endings...

I dont think the ending I had, even remotely resembled that:)

Priya...
yee...beware..:-)

educatedunemployed said...

please note the word..'thought'..since you shattered the fanatsy.

D LordLabak said...

hmmm Val Day, some get gifts, some get dates and looks like some write stories.:-) Nice one though. Title should've been Idhudhan da Val Day.