October 24, 2005

The week that was..

Well travel seems to be the flavor of the month for me, more specifically the last few weeks..

And so in keeping with the trend, it was LA this week.

And as usual, it was just a casual encounter that got it going.

Another lazy sat aft, we were looking for a place to get free food, and that usually means going to some married persons’ house .

The procedure has been well rehearsed over the years, that I can do it even when half asleep.

Just think back of any the recent coversations with some guy who has talked abt some good happenings at home or work.., call up that guy and demand a treat for that.:- )

‘Demand ‘ is prolly not the right word, maybe Gentle persuasion shd do the trick..;-)

So the guy or the girl now gets alarmed and calls you home instead.

So off we went, me and my roomie to their place..:-D

Few other guys cudnt make it to lunch, though they did join later, and that is where the trip idea started.

We were planning to go a sunset place called South mountain. A nice mini hike place with an awesome view of Phoenix from the top. Remind me to post a pic of that next time.

After a heavy meal though, the legs refuse to move, and my ‘object of terror’ the one that gives me nightmares of late, my ‘mini me’ – my tummy that is..:- ) refused to let me get off the sofa.

So plans started floating around.
I must say all of us are pretty good at floating ideas..and for one we agreed to do what we floated

One of us said we shd go to a beach, rather sarcastic when it was offered the first time, cause sitting in the middle of the desert, you can imagine what the comment was for..

So immediately, it was LA and the plan was made, knowing fully well that someone will come up with a way to cancel it. How wrong we were. To the surprise of all of us , we went ahead with the plan.

Got the rental vehicle and stuff. Getting the rental car is a story in itself.
Will probably hold it for some other time..will prolly have it for one of my flirting escapades..:-)

Any way, so we finally decided to go ahead with this and started on Sunday early morning round about, 3 AM.

We went to the temple first, understandable, cause because of all the recent happenings,. I thought it would be nice to be on the right side of God, and put in an appearance at his abode.:-)
My friend wanted to do an abhisheka’ and the priest asked him his star and other stuff. He gave me the details, and for some reason or the other, the priest suddenly asked him if was married. He replied in the negative and the priest said, lets as well pray for u to get married soon.

“No No. Anything but that. Velai ethavathu innum nallatha kedaikanunu vazhtunga.”

Translated.. -No no, anything but that, better wish me for a better job than to get married, for now.

Wonder what made him say that. There was no reason for him to say so. He did, and so it stands that way. ;-)

The priest that gave him a big lecture as to why he thinks marriage is imp and likened his statement to that of a kid that just denies what he actually wants hinting that he wants it , but feels shy to say so.

Anyway, we all were laughing at his expense. And so were a gp of ABCD girls. One looked cute and even tried talking to him after that, but guess, he was taken aback by the priests’ response and did not heed her.

She looked cute. What a wasted opportunity, I thought:-)

Well, I don’t or rather try not to, at the least, when in a temple..;-)

After that, we did go to the beach….to Huntington..
And then to the river walk. We had a whale of a time..

Btw, how many of you have seen a marriage ceremony happening @ the beach.
We were witness to one…and there were quite a big gp there

What with the windy conditions and lotsa mini skirts around…I did have a whale of a time..:-)

The trend seems set to continue next week as well..with a hike in the canyons that I missed last time, beconing.
Lets see if I get lucky this time..:-D

4 comments:

aria said...

Heh Gi .. Wishing you luck next time.
Nice read. Don't know what else to add. Good to see a full-fledged blog from you after a long time.
Do keep posting.

Ginkgo said...

The lucky part was for the hiking trip which I cudnt do last time..
:-)
Not for what you said:-)

jeenu said...

hey Gi
nice blog..seems like u had a great weekend...:)
cheers
jeenu

vi said...

Gi,
ok reminding you to post the picture!
LOL@the mandir incidents...I think the priest was right...your friend uppar se mana kar raha tha!

vi