September 29, 2006

Vetti Velai

Gosh New job New place New ppl to Jollufy. More terminiology, more blank expressions, more eating out alone...

hmm. Boy, not all things work out the same way, does it..:-)

The only good thing to have happened this week was the security Screen for finger printing and stuff at my work place..

Seems they have a policy where u have to screen capture all ur fingers individually and then again the whole hand.

Waah., wat an experience., The Afro American girl....boy she was as fair as any white I have seen...with no blemishes on the skin that u wud normally associate in such mix - match...races:-)

But yeh Im digressing..I was in some other world, when she took my hand (I mean no metaphorical content, thts metaphor is reserved only for the time of marriage...:-)) and diligently pressed my finger against the finger scanner

Wonder why I made so many mistakes., Did I hear that I did that wantedly., Oh come on..how could u say that to me ppl.:-)

Sigh, I then had to do my paper work, where u had to mention a Contact person in case of emergency, and I had to put my fiancee's contact info.
And then finally after everything was done, she said "Here is my no. Call me next week"

and I looked at her as if startled with a "What ........" and with some kinda Mission accomplished expression on my face..

Which is when she completed the rest of the sentence. Here if you dont attend the info security meeting, this week, u wont be allowed to work. Call me at this no, if you have to reschedule..

Sigh...and I trouped off...

PS: Btw, for the Non tamil initiated folks, the title means 'One who works with purpose' all day..:-)

9 comments:

Archana said...

Does your fiancee read your blog :-)?

And your translation of "vetti velai" is about the most accurate one I have ever heard :-P!

Srividya said...

aha Mr.Vetti! sooper :)

Ginkgo said...

Arch,
Whyyyyyyyyy...shd she? :-)

I knw..I ve always prided on my 'translation' ability...;)

Vidya,
grrr....

Shilpa said...

LOL at the translation !

Yeah btw when are we going to hear more about your fiancee ?

Ginkgo said...

ah u knw what Shilpa:P
she prefers to be the uknown face behind the successful man :P

Archana Bahuguna said...

You are funny.

(ps: And better luck next time :-)

vi said...

awwwaaa gi poor poor you...having to work with purpose all day :))

vi

D LordLabak said...

And they say "Ellam kalyanam aana seri aayidum".

D LordLabak said...

And they say "Ellam kalyanam aana seri aayidum".