March 20, 2006

Taxi no.9211

And so Bollywood is churning out good movies with a lil more regularity..

Got to watch this one the other day, with my GF and though the basic premise for this story has been lifted from the hollywood 'original' Changing Lanes. The director is smart enough to make changes and have his own spin on it.

John abraham plays the part..and so does Nana Patekar which is expected of course..

What is interesting is the trend of star performers giving voice overs like telling the initial plot before the story unfolds..

Having gotten used, to some booming voice, that used to do that during the mahabharata story on DD,we now have Amitabh doing that quite regularly and in this movie it is Sanjay Dutt..in his now popular munnabhai isstyle..

There is also SOnali Kulkarni..who I have always liked, and she does a good job in this movie. The movie is basically about Ego clashes between 2 guys..and one of the songs that reflects the mood of the characters midway in the movie is pretty good..

So is the other one at the very end, more of an album song but pretty nicely done...The opening scene pretty much makes u ask..is this again another of those sleazy movies..the way nana gropes his 'wife' sonali Kulkarni..thankfully though itz just a one off' scene..

A worthy watch....Go for it..

Appealed to me..:-)

PS: Interesting portion abt the movie, I went with my GF( been goin around for a few weeks now, and that shd explain my absence here..,;-D ) and the moment we, entered the theatre complex, there were a couple of guys, that did a nudge nudge wink wink to their other buddies pointing to my GF and her roomie who was with us as well. She was the one that noticed it, suffice to say, was interestin to be on the other side of the fence for once, and get to hear the other side of the story as well..:-)

14 comments:

Shilpa said...

The "absence" is finally explained :-)

More details abt ur gf pls...

Archana said...

Enjoy :-D!

rads said...

lol, so that's where gingko's having his amnesia eh?! Haffun :-)

Ginkgo said...

shilpa,

details...hmm..:-)
U knw wat..the first time I liked here..she looked a bit like that singer actress in that Kamal movie..:-))


Arch..
yeh yeh..
I used to go to the libraries as well some time..but then ud be knowing by now, as to what I'd do there:P

Rads,

How u doin..me always have amnesia..but only Selective;)

Thanu said...

I saw previews of Taxi 9211, I thought it was more like collateral, the one with tom cruise and Jamie fox (Go to Naz 8?).

Ahh, so that's y u been doing the disappearing act recently.

Ginkgo said...

thanu,
actually thts wat I thought, the first few mins of the movie..
Took a while to realise that it was actually the other movie that I had mentioned.

Ginkgo said...

yeh me did by BE there..?

familiar !?!

whyy

Ginkgo said...

ah really...
I wud have been like that guy in that movie theatre then...
which yr did u get done?

and ofcourse wat 2 wheeler were u riding..will be easier to figure u out that way :-D

Ginkgo said...

mmm...aranme2000@yhoo.com
But then I dont login that much..
I got outta ther in 98'

vi said...

ROFL...exactly what Shilpa said..okie let me go read the blog now!

vi

Sthupit Girl said...

im surprised you rem what the movie was about, considering who you went with ;)

BZ said...

LOL! :)
Hey I watched this movie a couplea weeks ago, with a _huge_ group of friends from work. It was an ok ok movie. First John Ab movie, _dont_ know what girls see in him...! He looked stupid.

Time pass.

So it is GF or Love?! ;)

Ginkgo said...

Ann,

Dont remember such a scene..
well well..I wasnt watching the movie all the time..:-D

Preetika..
Now tht prev comment shd be applicable to u as well..

But then, that dint prevent her frm the odd comment, "how cud u get engrossed so much in a movie when u have ur gf around...:-)

vi...howz the maternal phase going:P

Sk..
why iz it that ur blog URL is not displayed when ppl click on ur profile...

educatedunemployed said...

Thats cute..:)